nanogui: RTEMS graphics

Subject: Re: RTEMS graphics
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Feb 2000 00:18:37 -0000

: Ok, I have attached a "draft" of the interface beased on
: ioctls(). Check if this fit our needs.
:
Looks great.  I like it.  However, for the getmode
and setmode stuff, what is the mode value and
how does it relate to the visual and type values
returned from the fb_screeninfo struct? Perhaps
you need a list of supported values, but I think this
may be going the wrong direction.  It depends
on whether we want to support different
video modes up front.  This complicates things.

I would suggest a very first version that has only one
mode, which is set at compile time.  It is reported
back thru the type and visual parameters.  Then,
for the init and exit functions, just pass 0 as the mode,
and it will default to this compiled in mode.

BTW, the init and exit functions might want to
be renamed enter_graphics and exit_graphics;
otherwise a single init function would do, with one
mode being text mode (I don't like this method as
well, though)

: Do we need the data-structures matching the Linux ones ?
I think at first it's ok to just have elements in the kernel structure
that are actually used, like the ones you have.  Even the hwaccell
won't be used initially.  Then, as kernel drivers become enhanced,
you can add more fields, and applications programs like Microwindows
might use them.