nanogui: Frame buffer Interface

Subject: Re: Frame buffer Interface
From: Erwin Rol ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2000 21:24:37 -0000

####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > ----------

good point :-) i wonder where the treshold is. howlong does it take to
do
a full update and how long does it take to do a single random byte
update.
if i put my brain in "simple" mode i would think random byte write
takes two write , one address selection and the byte itself, and burst
only
one write for the byte.
so 2n = N   => N/2 = n  so when more than half the buffer needs to be
updated
one should use burst. So we might want to at a argument to the flush()
function
to say it needs a full update or a bytewise update?

- ERwin