nanogui: Nano-X API Manual

Subject: Nano-X API Manual
From: ####@####.####
Date: 20 Mar 2000 09:36:10 -0000

Hi!

For me the weekend was lengthy too (till 0:30 am). I made a more or less
complete manual for the nano-X API, but most stuff is not actual, except the
function reference - as I hope.

I will post this tomorrow, because I forgot to put David I. Bell in the author
list. And I don't want  to make him angry. He wrote most of the stuff. I just
setup the stuff in a more nice manner (SGML+DocBook) and hope that this will be
a good reference for programmers which like to use the nano-X API.

BUT: This manual is in alpha stage. I still have to bring a real good structure
in it, but at first this may be better than nothing.

To whome shall I send this, that it can be put on the website, or integrated in
the distributions?

Also it would be nice, if you would have a look on it and send me corrections or
suggestions. Also I don't know anything about the new font related routines. Are
they implemented for the engine, or for the nano-X API too - or both?

I can provide this manual SGML, HTML, RTF, formats, not as PDF or PS - these do
not work on my Linux Installation - don't know why!

Which of you are mostly working on/with the nano-X API?

I have a chapter about widget sets. There is just one available (for nano-X API)
till now - NanoWidgets. Is that right? Aren't there older widget sets from the
time of mini-X? It was very hard to find at least mini-X on the web. Is it
integrale part of minix?

Is David I. Bell working on nano-X too? Or is this stuff just history for him?

Martin Doering