nanogui: nanoX bugfix v0.4 coming

Subject: RE: nanoX bugfix v0.4 coming
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 12 May 1999 17:54:17 -0000

Yes, all three.  In our first version, the upper level will use "device-dependent" bitmaps
so that the bitblt is identical for all three.  In a later version, we'll have upper level
formats for bitmaps that can be converted by drivers to their own low level format.

In addition, we need to think about patblt, which is another form of bitblt that
works from predefined patterns to be used for fill backgrounds.  All this can wait
for a while though, since bitblt will allow pictures and icons to be drawn.

On another note, the pointer draw routine and the low level bitblt routines should
probably merge, so that ultimately we have just one bitblt routine for any image,
whether its cursor or bitmap.  In order to do icons well, the bitblt needs AND and
OR drawing modes.  I'm working on a spec for all of this as well.

Greg