nanogui: OT TROLL: Re: What is the status of porting Opera to MicroWindows ?

Subject: Re: OT TROLL: Re: What is the status of porting Opera to MicroWindows ?
From: Richard Kvalsvik ####@####.####
Date: 21 Mar 2000 15:00:30 -0000

> Too bad there are still people who think like this. Actually
> what _will_ most probably destroy the company is the choice of
> _not_ releasing the source, since Mozilla is right around the
> corner and is AFAICS a better browser than Opera. And, I'm
> sorry to be so rough, but if the company goes on with this kind
> of thinking, I hope destruction comes quick and painless.

 I have no problems at all with that. You won't hear me say that any
browser is better than the other, each has it's quality.
I am not going to talk company strategy, though. I would be wrong
whatever I say because I am clueless in such things. I am just another
programmer - doing what I do best.
 And I can for sure not say anything about mozilla, I have never used
it.  I have used opera for nano-x though, and I love it ! :)
I am addicted to scrolling by dragging windows around with the mouse (or
use the pagedown shortcut of course) !
oh well, can't really understand what you would need the source for
though. Our target is, last time I checked, the regular user.  They
won't understand the source.

--
Richard Kvalsvik
-Developer at Opera Software