nanogui: nanoX bugfix v0.4 coming

Subject: Re: nanoX bugfix v0.4 coming
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 12 May 1999 19:46:52 -0000

On 12 May 1999, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Wow, that's pretty impressive.  If it's also relatively small and easy
> to port, then maybe that's what we should use, instead of BOGL.

The main disadvantages with it are that it doesn't have a Linux FB driver,
plus some bits of it are hand optimised x86 assembly which would have to
have C versions written. It would probably be a better basis than Bogl for
non Linux-2.2 platforms though. There was actually also a partial SVGAlib
a while back, which was abandoned due to the X port progressing faster.
I'm sure there's plenty of stuff we can use in it though. There's even a
_very_ tiny widget set in there, which was great for designing game map
editors and things. I remember impressing a lecturer with a really flashy
looking program graphical units converter I built with it as an example in
about an hour once :) Thinking about it, it could be very useful as a
basis for a PDA GUI due to it's small size...

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :