nanogui: MWin and apps

Subject: Re: MWin and apps
From: ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jun 2000 09:23:04 -0000

>> If you're running a multi-threading model, a new thread can be spawned
>> and generate another window no problem.  Or of course a single thread
>> can generate another window.

But AFAIK there is only one messages queue in MWin and there is no way for
one thread to receive msg by GetMessage() while the same message has been
already received by another thread with GetMessage(). Also
PostThreadMessage() works just like PostMessage(). Is it true or I've
missed some?

>> The problem with the win32 api has to do with address pointers being
>> sent across separate address spaces.  The API requires marshalling
>> of all pointers, just like RPC, between client and server.

If MWin was really thread safe I believe it is possible to make several
applications work with one MWin's instance.
Suppose we need to run two apps (separate processes) on MWin. Each app must
create and show it's own window. First, we have to compile MWin as the
shared libraries set (without main() func). Then to accomplish the task it
is possible for one process to map *.so, initialize MWin and to create its
window and entrance own message loop. Then another process must map the
same *.so, create its window and entrance its message loop too. From MWin's
side there must be two separate message queues per each of those processes.
How do you think, is it possible to do something like this?
(I do not consider now the question of IPC (of course tons of work) and a
question of MWin's initialization).

Regards,
- Roman