nanogui: Problems building nano-x for mips/everex

Subject: RE: Problems building nano-x for mips/everex
From: Simon Wood ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jun 2000 15:34:23 -0000

	[Simon Wood]
	fix has already posted....
Hi.

> It appears that the kernel headers in the 'mipssel-linux' include
> directories are arranged different to the i86 stuff and it's barfing with
> 'SOCK_STREAM' stuff.

Yes, that's true. I changed the headers in the crosscompiler before I could
be able to compile any network-related tool. The gurus report it as a known
problem.

Here's a segment I added to my
/usr/local/linuxce-softfloat/mipsel-linux/include/socketbits.h header:

/* Get socket manipulation related informations from kernel headers.  */
#ifndef _LINUX_TYPES_H
# define _LINUX_TYPES_H
#endif

#include <asm/socket.h>
#ifndef SOCK_DGRAM
#define SOCK_DGRAM 1            /* Connectionless, unreliable datagrams
                                   of fixed maximum length.  */
#define SOCK_STREAM 2           /* Sequenced, reliable, connection-based
                                   byte streams.  */
#define SOCK_RAW 3              /* Raw protocol interface.  */
#define SOCK_RDM 4              /* Reliably-delivered messages.  */
#define SOCK_SEQPACKET 5        /* Sequenced, reliable, connection-based,
                                   datagrams of fixed maximum length.  */
#define SOCK_PACKET 10          /* Linux specific way of getting packets at
                                   the dev level.  For writing rarp and
                                   other similar things on the user level.
*/
#endif /* SOCK_DGRAM */