nanogui: Microwindows 0.88pre11 released

Subject: Microwindows 0.88pre11 released
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jul 2000 04:28:14 -0000

The [hopefully] final prerelease to version 0.88 is now available at:

ftp://microwindows.org/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.88pre11.tar.gz

This version adds a variety of enhancements that enable Microwindows
to host some open source and commercial java environments, as well
as almost completing our standard set of Win32 custom controls.

Microwindows can now be configured in an extremely small configuration
by setting the new NOFONTSORCLIPPING option in the config file.
This allows Microwindows to be used to just open and setup the
screen driver, but not use any of the mid level drawing routines, which
is perfect for bringing over applications that perform all their own
drawing, but require only a framebuffer or screen driver interface to
the hardware.  In addition, support for no fonts is now included if
desired.

Kevin contributed win32 checkbox, radio and static controls for
the win32 api, as well as a not-yet-working combobox control.  This
nearly complete's Microwindows' low level custom controls for the
Windows api.

Simon contributed a horizontally flipped portrait mode driver
for systems where the display is upside down.  We should
now be able to handle almost all landscape/portrait implementations.

Andrew contributed a FreeBSD port of Microwindows, as well
as hacking the W Window Systems' terminal emulator to run
on Nano-X.  It provides a VT52 terminal emulation so that now
any curses based program can be run as a Nano-X client.

Other bug fixes and gdi enhancements were added to support the
ongoing Kaffe JVM port by Roman.

The GrSetFontAttr api changed slightly to allow runtime underlining
without requiring a font switch, this change should be invisible to most
user programs.

I plan on making version 0.88 final in the next few days, it appears
that most everything is operational, and I think we need a stable
non-prerelease here soon.

The complete ChangeLog follows:
Version 0.88pre11 (IBM OTI java&Kaffe ports) - 10th July 2000 - ####@####.####
 * added set palette patch from Joe for Embedded Planet /dev/lcd driver
 * started adding win32 keyboard support (not working yet)
 * added Andrew's port to FreeBSD, Wt wterm terminal emulator port
 * fixed convbdf font size error
 * added Kevin's not working combobox control
 * added George's Isicad Prisma screen driver and config
 * added Simon's flipped portrait mode driver (we now have two)
 * added updated BC5 makefiles from Ming-Lin Kao
 * added HZK font patches from kevin
 * added checkbox, radio button and static controls by kevin/cms
 * changed GrSetFontAttr,GdSetFontAttr api
 * added underlining to font rendering with GrSetFontAttr/MWTF_UNDERLINE
 * fix WS_POPUP parent clipping, add owner window handling
 * fix delete pen/brush/font resources in ReleaseDC, use DeleteObject
 * fix memory leak in GetDCEx using CS_OWNDC
 * added nofont.c for null font support
 * added NOFONTSORCLIPPING config option for screen driver interface only
 * separated engine open and draw routines for small driver interface
 * IBM OTI Microview port: no ALPHABLEND, VTSWITCH, FBVGA, EPRINTF chg

Have fun!