nanogui: simple microwindows question

Subject: Re: simple microwindows question
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2000 00:28:31 -0000

:   I need to build an application that can use primitive graphics
: functions to draw on the screen. For example, to draw sipmle lines,
: rectanges or points.   I do not want any windows structures or
: anything.  Am I able to do this with Microwindows?  I wouln't need the
: microwindows win32 like api or the Nano-X api.   I downloaded and played
: around with the current microwinows release but couldn't figure out how
: to do this without using the win32 like api or nano-X.  I need to be
: able to do all the drawing myself based on some basic graphic
: functions.  Could someone explain how to do this (if possible) and
: specifically what microwindow header files and libraries I would be
: concerned with. Thank you in advance

Jared,
    This is easily accomplished by using the Microwindows
middle graphics engine layer, whose API all starts with GdXXX().
These routines are documented in the architecture description, and
are implemented in the libmwengine.a file.  You will want
to include the "device.h" file in your wrapper layer.  Another
person did just this to create a simple vgal4 library that was quite
thin.