nanogui: Input devies not working for FLTK

Subject: Re: Input devies not working for FLTK
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2000 23:03:06 -0000

: I then compiled fltk-nanox-pre6 and received no errors. However when I
: run the fltk demos I don't seem to get any input from my mouse or
: keyboard. The demos draw to the frame buffer but the mouse pointer just
: sits in the center of the screen not responding to mouse movement or
: button presses and no key presses from the keyboard seem to have any
: effect. All I can do is kill the app from another shell. No errors are
: reported to stderr.

The mouse problem is very strange, but here is a patch
that seems to work.  I think this is related to the pollability
of the particular mouse driver, it has always worked on my
system:

The following is a dirty fix to the problem:

Originally, in Fl_x.cxx, Row 209:
--------------------------------
//      GrCheckNextEvent(&ev);
//      if(ev.type!=0)
        if(GrPeekEvent(&ev))
        {
                do_queued_events();
                return time;
        }

Dirty fix:
---------
        GrCheckNextEvent(&ev);
        if(ev.type!=GR_EVENT_TYPE_NONE)
//      if(GrPeekEvent(&ev))
        {
                fl_handle(ev);
                do_queued_events();
                return time;
        }

In regards to the keyboard problem, make sure that you
have TTYKBD=Y in the config file.  If the kbd still doesn't
work after the patch, please send complete system version
details.