nanogui: attaching to the engine layer

Subject: attaching to the engine layer
From: Scott Scriven ####@####.####
Date: 24 Aug 2000 00:40:58 -0000

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how to use MW's engine layer as a
colordepth-converting framebuffer device.  Specifically, how to
send it a rectangular 32-bit (or 24-bit) image to draw.

So far, I've been using GdDrawImage().  It works but it is
incredibly slow.  It seems to be performing clipping and
colordepth conversion on each pixel, even though the image I send
it is entirely visible and the bitdepth of display is the same as
the image data.

The speed seems to depend mostly on the image contents -- images
with many colors are the slowest, while a flat grey is almost
speedy.  Is MW doing something odd with palettes or color
conversion caching?  How can I make this faster?  Is there any
way I can turn off clipping?  (and maybe a way to speed up or
optionally disable color conversion?)

--
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/