nanogui: problems related to microwindows v0.89pre2

Subject: problems related to microwindows v0.89pre2
From: ####@####.####
Date: 17 Oct 2000 10:10:16 -0000

Hi Greg,

Would you like to give me some advice of the following questions?

My config file setting is as below:
LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER     = Y
HAVE_BMP_SUPPORT         = Y
HAVE_GIF_SUPPORT         = Y
HAVE_JPEG_SUPPORT        = Y
HAVE_T1LIB_SUPPORT       = Y
HAVE_FREETYPE_SUPPORT    = Y
FREETYPE_FONT_DIR        = "/usr/local/microwin/fonts"
HAVE_SHAREDMEM_SUPPORT   = Y

1) Font engine
I copy all necessary fonts file under $(FREETYPE_FONT_DIR) and turn on
HAVE_FREETYPE_SUPPORT flag.
Unluckily, I cannot change the font type or size even after I did that.
It seems the demo ftdemo.sh, t1demo.sh and logfont.sh cannot also work properly.

e.g. ftdemo.sh shows
gE

ût été Ã

´t

é de lÃ

?...

e.g. t1demo.sh
Microwindows (only one type and size) display overlapped endlessly.

2) Jpeg viewer
I run demo3.sh followed by jpeg file. The program seem running but I see nothing
 but black window. Any advice?

3) Running application without windows manager
I'd like to run my application with nanowm.
How can I specify the location of other programs, e.g. nxkbd, nxscribble? I
prefer to link and embed them into my application in fixed position.
Is there any parameter such as -geometry option, etc?

How can I take focus on my application, otherwise, the nxkbd or nxscribble
cannot send events to it?

Remark: Under nanowm, I can click the title bar of my application program to
regain the focus.

4) nxterm demo
I can run nxterm well under native Linux. However, I encounter the following
error when it is run under Assabet platform.

Can't create pty /dev/ptyp0

What does that message mean?

5) Lost connection to nano-X server
Sometimes, it happens. It seems no improvement even if LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER is
set.
Just for own interest, what technique is used for IPC, e.g. named pipes,
client/server, message queue or shared memory, etc ?

6) Touch screen driver
I am using mou_ads.c as touch screen driver for the Assabet board. I find it is
not smooth enough for normal operation.
e.g. It display a irregular line (like a distorted sine wave) when I definitely
want to draw a straight line

Do you have any suggestion how to stabilize the touch screen motion, e.g. filter
 smoothing algorithm?
If there exist, how can I hack them into mou_ads.c

You help is highly appreciated.
Have a nice day!

Hifi Wong.