nanogui: Mouse behaviour in Portrait Mode.

Subject: Mouse behaviour in Portrait Mode.
From: Simon Wood ####@####.####
Date: 25 Oct 2000 08:16:55 -0000

Hi all,
My wife is away visiting friends this week so I had a couple of late night sessions getting back into Nano-X. I notice that the way that the mouse (touch screen) is handled in the Framebuffer/Portrait=L,R has changed in version 89pre1. It seems that this was done to support the Compaq, but I believe that it wrong to do it this way.

Reasoning:
1). If you use Portrait= L, R on a normal PC screen the image is rotated. Turn your monitor on its side to give a tall/narrow page (like 'letter'). Since the change you are unable to use a normal mouse as it X/Y swapped.

2). On my Everex I am (correctly) using the application Tpcal to calibrate the touchpanel, which automatically compensates for the rotation of the screen as you touch the little x's.

3). The change does not allow for geometry shifts (rotational, trapezoidal) in a touchpanel, as Tpcal does.

If no one (really) objects can we have the file 'src/engine/devmouse.c' reverted back to the 0.88 version, or at least have the changes #defined so they only apply to Compaq.

Yours,
Simon Wood.

ps. I've shoved a photo (low quality I'm afraid) of my Everex running nxkdb and nxterm on my web site http://www.mungewell.uklinux.net/everex.jpg

pps. Scribble doesn't compile for MIPS - I'll look in more detail later.