nanogui: microwin for the motorola coldfire processor?

Subject: Re: microwin for the motorola coldfire processor?
From: George Harvey ####@####.####
Date: 26 Oct 2000 19:24:31 -0000

On 25-Oct-00, Casey Ballentine wrote:
>Hi,

>I was curious if is attempting/has attempted to port microwindows to
>uClinux-Coldfire.  The new processors in the Coldfire family are extremely
>fast, definitely fast enough to support 6-bit color graphics.  If you have
>tried or are trying the port, let me know what challenges you've encountered
>thus far and what I can do to help.

I done some work that might help, I used the uClinux-Coldfire source as the
basis for my port of uClinux to the Isicad Prisma (an old CAD workstation) and
I have ported Microwindows to the same platform. There is a set of diffs
against the 0.88 release on my web site, get "mwin-0.88.diff.gz" at:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/way/fr30/uclinux/downloads/contents.shtml

The changes add a section in Arch.rules for my cross-compiler and modify the
Makefiles for the demo programs to add an ELF to FLAT conversion after the
link stage. There were also a couple of places where I had to replace alloca()
with malloc() because the uClinux libc doesn't have alloca().

The main area that my patches don't cover is the framebuffer interface, the
Prisma needed a custom screen driver so my config excludes all the framebuffer
drivers.

Regards,
George