nanogui: Improved keyboard event handler and mouse motion event handler for flnx

Subject: Re: Improved keyboard event handler and mouse motion event handler for flnx
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Nov 2000 18:41:08 -0000

Over the weekend I have completed a major keyboard design for
Microwindows, and have written scancode drivers for framebuffer
and X11.  With this new design, there is no need or desire for the
escape-sequence processing that was previously required.

Instead, the new design always returns a 16-bit unicode value
for all keystrokes, press and release.  The function, arrow and
special keys are placed in the UC16 private use area so there's
no overlap with other glyphs.  In addition, the lower 256 codes
are mapped to latin-1.  This has necessitated some API
changes with the GR_EVENT_KEYSTROKE as well as
GrInjectKeyboardEvent.

We are working on FLNX changes to be completly compatible
with this version, which will be released as 0.89pre7.

In order to fully test the keyboard, I have ported Doom! to
Microwindows, and it runs great.

These changes should correct all your keyboard issues with
Microwindows.  The Century folks have fixed FLNX with better
scrollbar handling, including double-buffered output for ViewML,
for instance.