nanogui: Problem running demos when using Framebuffer option

Subject: Re: Problem running demos when using Framebuffer option
From: Supriyo ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2000 05:44:27 -0000

Hi,

Thanks for the help! I managed to get the framebuffer
to work (I can see the cute penguin logo during
booting up! :) )

I chose 0301 at the VGA prompt. The problem is when I
try to run a certain microwindows demo, say, "nterm" I
get the following error:

Cannot initialise mouse
Cannot open graphics

And on top of that, around 1/8 of the top portion of
my screen goes blank and the mouse hangs. I tried it
with 031A and even a larger part of the screen goes
blank...and the mouse goes crazy!

-Is there some specific VGA setting I need to use with
the Microwindows demo files?

-And how come my mouse stops working?

My graphic card is NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64...it's
quite new so I guess it should be VESA 2.0 compliant.
Or am I making a wrong assumption here? :) I tried
checking the specs of the card on the nVidia website
but they don't mention anything about being compiant
with any VESA standard.

Thanks again & regards,
Supriyo

--- Alex Holden ####@####.#### wrote: > On
Mon, 4 Dec 2000, [iso-8859-1] Supriyo Chatterjea