nanogui: Cannot Compile 0.89pre5

Subject: RE: Cannot Compile 0.89pre5
From: "Gray, Tim" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2000 14:07:16 -0000

I compiled last afternoon on a minimal install (No X, almost no libs. only
what is needed to compile the kernel.) I am on a 2.2.x kernel. I found that
the first thing needed is to get the framebuffer working in linux.
recompile with framebuffer support, and then configure lilo to select the
video mode you desire. (My target platform will be a set-top box so I chose
640x480x8 or mode 0301(HEX)) if framebuffer is working you will get a
penguin logo on boot up in the left hand top of the screen.

After this you should be able to compile nano-x and run it with no problem
(remember to run gpm for mouse support!)  Granted the package "should"
compile without framebuffer working yet, but It's better safe than sorry.

I hope I have helped, and if you need more info please feel free to ask.