nanogui: Problem running demos when using Framebuffer option

Subject: Re: Fw: Problem running demos when using Framebuffer option
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 11 Dec 2000 06:35:34 -0000

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Supriyo Chatterjea wrote:
> Guess it's cause X11 works at some other some other
> frequency so when I tried runnign the demos, the
> screen got fuzzy.

The problem is that PC video hardware cannot deal with both the
framebuffer video driver and the X video driver trying to access the
hardware at the same time. If you were running the X framebuffer video
driver, you could get away with it by simply switching to another console
first, but not if you're using one of the X drivers which access the
hardware directly. If you need to run microwindows from within X, that is
what the microwindows X driver is for.

--
------- Alex Holden -------
http://www.linuxhacker.org/