nanogui: Access control

Subject: Re: Access control
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 13 Dec 2000 23:34:50 -0000

Sounds good, but just make sure that this stays *very* optional and
hidden to the current
clients (ie - all the authentication and handling should go on in the
client library).

I believe that
most PDA implentations will continue to use a local server (at least
until a good wireless solution gets better - I don't
even want to think about doing graphics on a PDA without 10 megs - but
then again, I'm spoiled). I
would hate to have to add another level of complexity into the scene,
not to mention the lack of stable
networking on some of these kernels (MIPS??).  Alan Cox may overrule me
on this, but I would think across the board,
local sockets (like the ones we are using) are generally more stable
these embedded kernels than TCP/IP sockets.
Comments?

Jordan