nanogui: Another major nano-X release

Subject: Re: Another major nano-X release
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 24 May 1999 17:51:07 -0000

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
> decided that you didn't like my directory structure, changed it, and then started
> a prerelease system because the work you're working on didn't quite work before
> you wanted to release it.

I don't know why you don't see the value of having two development tracks,
stable and development. It allows more than one programmer to work on a
project at the same time. The fact that your code and mine is so far apart
from each other is largely because we've both been working on seperate
trees, with no periodical synchronisation between them.

> that the releases should absolutely stable, and there shouldn't be a long time
> between them, either.  Actually, I believe in your project and have been working

I don't think it's really practical to only release stable releases, _and_
release them quite often, unless very little changes between them.

> I would like to see this released as a major release.  It will be my last major submission,

I'll put it up as a nano-X-0.4-greg patch so that people can get it if
they want it, and continue manually integrating it into the main tree as I
work towards the full 0.5 release.

BTW, in future I'd like to start making proper use of CVS to avoid these
multiple developer problems.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :