nanogui: 4pp vs mono on Helio was: Error 2 opening pointer calibration file /etc/pointercal.

Subject: 4pp vs mono on Helio was: Error 2 opening pointer calibration file /etc/pointercal.
From: Robert Hartley ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2001 22:53:19 -0000

Thank you all for following up on Jordan's responce.

Since sash did not seem to allow redirection, I just cut n' pasted it into
/etc/pointercal after running it a few
times to see how the numbers came up.

I can run my Nano X app on an X86 box with X11 fine.  It seems to look
black and white.

When I run it on the Helio, most graphics primitives seem to work fine,
like GrLine() , etc.

When I copy an area from a Pixmap (that was created fom a bitmap), it
seems every other pixel is turned off.

I am wondering if I need to set something on the NanoX side so that I can
have either 4bpp or mono, which ought to be fine on the Helio.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thanks!

Rob

BTW: I am able to get that 3D Sun logo demo for J2ME example working on
the Helio...