nanogui: Re: [uClinux-dev] Re: uClinux/Microwindows Compilation problems - Urgent...help...

Subject: Re: [uClinux-dev] Re: uClinux/Microwindows Compilation problems - Urgent...help...
From: "Sridharan Subramanian" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Feb 2001 19:32:17 -0000

Erwin,
Yes, we used the latest PIC patch.  The patch solved the .text problems that we were having,
but as you mention below, we still have the data+bss problem.

I'm still a little confused about the 32K limitation.  My understanding is that the PRISMA
platform is based on the 68020 (initially) and used the elf tools to build Microwindows for
uClinux.  Is this 32K limitation rooted in the instruction set for the 68328?   Does the 68020
have instructions that can be used to access data+bss larger than 32K?

Would the elf tool set be a better choice than the pic-coff?

Why the name "a5world"?

For the error below, "what" and "how" would I modify to correct the problem?  Would we need to
just modify malpha.c or would we need to go into some of the libraries?

m68k-pic-coff-gcc   -I. -I/opt/sri/microwindows/work/microwin/src/include -m68000 -Wa, -m68000
-DCONFIG_DRAGONBALL -Dlinux -D__linux__ -Dunix -DEMBED -DNANOX=1 -O2 -msoft-float -fPIC
-L/opt/sri/microwindows/work/microwin/src/lib  malpha.o -o
/opt/sri/microwindows/work/microwin/src/bin/malpha
-lmwin -lmwinlib -lmwobjects -lmwengine -lmwdrivers -lmwfonts -lmwimages
/opt/uClinux/gnu/m68k-pic-coff/bin/ld: region a5world is full

Sri.