nanogui: Announcing Micro-Win

Subject: RE: Announcing Micro-Win
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 1999 19:38:14 -0000

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
> 	My changes since your pre-release minor changes are massive.

Okay, it'd have been preferrable to have merged it in a patch at a time,
but I did volunteer to do the full merge myself anyway once you sent it to
me.

> I'd just release your 0.5.

Why? I said I'd make sure it was pretty stable before 0.5, including
the networking code, and I'm sticking to that.

> I'm in the middle of the Micro-Win changes, and will make this stuff
> available after that, and see what's changed since my 0.4.  If I

Okay, that just means even more work at one go for me to merge it though.

> remember correctly, you didn't like my directory names and changed all them as
> well.  I haven't integrated any of that stuff.  In addition, now, many
> of the srv*.c file names have changed again to accomodate the
> device-independent middle layer and the two api's on top.

Doesn't matter. File names are a trivial thing to change, though as I
said you'll have to fix the DOS Microsoft C makefile stuff yourself as I
don't have (and don't want) any machines with a setup like that.

> Have you met your stated goals for the 0.5 release?

Not yet. That's why I haven't released it yet.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :