nanogui: Incorrect update

Subject: Re: Incorrect update
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Feb 2001 00:30:22 -0000

: I have tried to install Century Software's linux for PDA on my iPAQ. The
nxterm on that system is OK and updated correctly. Is it compiled from a
different source or a bug-fixed one?

The nxterm found on the Century PDA product has code included from
Century's TinyTERM terminal emulator, so it's based on different source.
However, it is quite easy to fix nxterm in the Microwindows distribution.
Just declare a [24][80] char array and save the screen contents in the array.
When an expose event comes, redraw.

: By the way, I am doubt if Century Software's Microwindows is the same one as
that found on microwindows.org because when I replace your nano-X with the one
compiled from the source code of microwindows.org, the applications on previous
nano-X doesn't work.

As Alex mentioned, we're still adding/changing some Nano-X protocol
opcodes, and I think this happened from 6b to pre7.  This means that
the apps will need recompilation.  I would advise running the pre6b
Microwindows if you want to use the binarys that Century produced
on the free PDA distribution.