nanogui: Boot prompt on ipaq... Help needed

Subject: Boot prompt on ipaq... Help needed
From: "Sridharan Subramanian" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Feb 2001 17:43:22 -0000

Hi everybody,

I am currently porting microwindows on top of the linux kernel on ipaq.

I successfully compiled and did some porting. However, I am having some
trouble in the startup.

The kernel boots fine and it brings up microwindows on the ipaq.
However, in my minicom (or Hyperterminal), it does not bring up the
'login' prompt. It does however display the initial logon commands like
pcmcia initialization, booting kernel,...etc. It only does not display
the final login. It just gives full control to the iPaq. This prevents
me from entering commands from the hyperterm (or minicom).

By the way, I did set the linux args as necessary.

Is it a problem in my startup scripts or kernel or microwindows
compilation?

This is a general question and not that pertinent to microwindows. So
anyone else who has faced a simlar problem, please help.....

Thanks,
Sri.