nanogui: Queries about ViewML Architecture

Subject: Queries about ViewML Architecture
From: "Supriyo Chatterjea" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2001 14:58:31 -0000

Hi,

The ViewML website says that ViewML uses "KDE Desktop's kfm HTML display engine". I'm a bit confused about this point. I was of the opinion that libwww is the actual HTML engine.

- So what's the difference between "libwww" and "KDE Desktop's kfm HTML display engine"? What are the roles of the two components?

- And what role does ViewML actually play? Would I be correct to say that it provides the browser user interface that actually uses the libwww HTML engine and that the widgets of the browser UI are created using FLTK?

- And also, what role does Pthread play? What are the multiple operations that are required to operate in parallel?

- The ViewML FAQ section (http://www.viewml.com/faq/) has a "Coming soon" message for the ViewML specifications/architecture section. Any idea when they'll be available?

Thanks for the info!
Supriyo