nanogui: Twice refresh, why?

Subject: Re: Twice refresh, why?
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 2 Apr 2001 13:56:49 -0000

Not so much a bug, really.... more of a limitation in the way FLNX is
constructed.  As all of the individual widgets are drawing themselves,
occasionally the main window will also refresh (say for example when a
widget calls redraw() on it's parent).  All I can say is that the
refresh is much better than it used to be.  Fortunately, the FLTK/FLNX
folks have provided us with a solution:  Fl_Double_Window.  Use a
Fl_Double_Window everwhere you would use a single Fl_Window, and you
will get much better performance with less refreshes.  The
Fl_Double_Window draws the entire window to a offscreen buffer, and then
transfers the whole thing in one redraw.  You will be surprised at how
good the difference is.

Jordan