nanogui: How can i speed up client/server?

Subject: How can i speed up client/server?
From: linuxhh ####@####.####
Date: 28 Apr 2001 07:43:51 -0000
Hi, all

When I view the source code of MW(nano-x), I found a function named "GrReqShmCmds"
with some comments. It wrote:

	/*
	 * By Performing the 'GrOpen' without allocating a buffer, just
	 * shuffeling the struct over the wire, we can postpone the
	 * allocation of the client size command buffer, which will never be
	 * allocated if the first command after GrOpen() is
	 * GrReqShmCmds() which allocates a replacement shared memory
	 * segment.
	 * So: Calling GrReqShmCmds() right after GrOpen will prevent the
	 * traditional command queue buffer from being allocated from
	 * the process heap - and only the shared memory segment is
	 * allocated.
	 */

It means GrReqShmCmds function can speed up client/server transfer. In some demos (ie.
nxkbd, world ) also run this functions.

Now some questions puzzle me:

1. This function alloc a share memory for the client side. However, #if NONETWORK, function
will do nothing and not declare prototype when #if !NONETWORK at server side. So I want to
know the mechanism of share memory speed up in nano-X.
2.I can't run any demos(such as nxkbd and world) that run this functions at my EDB7212 demo
board. If I want to run this function, which options that I will select in my linux kernel?
( I think that share momory is offer by linux kernel to speed up socket transfer. Is it correct?
 Please help me. )

Best regard.

            linuxhh