nanogui: Re:Re: a question about flnx on framebuffer

Subject: Re:Re: a question about flnx on framebuffer
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 30 Apr 2001 14:30:51 -0000

Look at mouse.sh carefully.  You will see one line that reads
'gpm -R -t ps2'

This line instructs GPM (the userland mouse controller), to go into repeater
mode and emulate an PS2 mouse.  Most of the time, mice movements are read
directly from the port (ps2aux, ttyS0, etc, etc...)  When Microwindows was
developed, the decision was made to be as generic as possible (so it could be
run on many different devices with a minimum of effort).  So we used the GPM
feature of "repeating" the mouse info as PS2 data in the device file
/dev/gpmdata.  That way, we can handle any mouse as a PS2 mouse in a
predetermined location.  So in order to get mouse action, you need to make
sure that you run the 'gpm' call before starting microwindows.

As for the second error, the tty and ttyscan drivers both read by default
from /dev/tty (the next version will allow you to change that at runtime).
Usually /dev/tty is linked to the console tty.  If for some reason you
redirected your console or somehow are running Microwindows on a different
tty than your console, you either need to redirect /dev/tty or change the
default in drivers/kbd_tty.c or drivers/kbd_ttyscan.c.

Happy hacking!
Jordan

On Friday 27 April 2001 18:36, ####@####.#### mentioned: