nanogui: a question about flnx on framebuffer

Subject: RE: Re: a question about flnx on framebuffer
From: Alex Pavloff ####@####.####
Date: 30 Apr 2001 17:46:06 -0000

> Actually it was more of a matter of hacking something together in an
> evening to get mouse input working. Using GPM to do that seemed a good
> idea at the time, but in retrospect I'd like to implement a few simple
> native drivers for the most common mouse types as well. That
> way we can cleanly support wheel mice and other more-than-three-button
> types of mice, allow Nano-X to play nicely on a system that is also
running XFree86
> (actually, you can already do that if you tell X to use the
> repeater, but again that doesn't work for wheel mice), and remove the
uglyness of
> having two mouse drivers one on top of the other, with one of them
> running as a seperate process to the windowing system. If you've ever
> tried hacking GPM, you'll know it's not the cleanest of
> programs either.

While we're talking about mice, I've got a question.  We're using and are
still planning to use, mainly for cost issues, a grid touch screen.  It sits
on a quarter-VGA panel, and is quite adequate for the purposes that we use,
which is basically to punch buttons on the screen.  What's going to be the
best way to get this going with Microwindows?