nanogui: a question about flnx on framebuffer

Subject: Re: Re: a question about flnx on framebuffer
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 1 May 2001 13:57:38 -0000

I respectively disagree.  The only thing we *do* need to write Microwindows
drivers are for touch screens that do not obey a standard format.  For all
others, I have no reason to think that GPM will not be able to fit the bill
in most situations - for those that don't, by all means, write a driver.  But
for example, USB is *far* better served by GPM (especially since we can
multiplex PS2 mice on the same port), than we could ever do by writing
multiple drivers and trying to reinvent the wheel.

Now there are some functions on some mice that GPM doesn't support.  But then
we should ask ourselves - why do *we* need them if GPM doesn't?

Jordan

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 02:27, Alex Holden mentioned: