nanogui: GTK+ port to nano-X

Subject: Re: GTK+ port to nano-X
From: Chih-Wei Chang ####@####.####
Date: 29 May 2001 13:31:44 -0000

Paolo Molaro wrote:

> Updating the gdk port to nanox requires 2-3 full-time weeks by
> someone familiar with nanox, gtk and pango. Allow more than a
> month to get up to speed with gtk and pango internals if you don't
> know them, though (this is the schedule set by a programmer, a
> manager would double the time estimates:-).
> The work required is 30% mechanical, 40% pango/font related and
> 30% testing and bugfixing. Some more time could be spent improving
> nano-X to make the porting easier/more complete, but that could wait.
>
> That said, porting Gtk+ to TinyWidgets is not an alternative, it's
> the wrong abstraction layer: either use tinywidgets or gtk, both
> at the same time don't make sense to me.
>
> Apparently there are some guys in .tw interested in working on the
> port, but I haven't heard from them for a while; I guess they are on the
> mailing list and can speak for themselves, though.
>
> lupus (how enjoyed doing the initial port but has no time for it anymore)
>
> --

Our company has a plan to port GTK+ on nano-X. However, it will not be
a priority one item in our task list recently. Our programmers are focusing on

other projects according to the company roadmap. What I realize is that
it will be a slowly going project in our company. Once we get any progress, we