nanogui: question about frambuffer

Subject: RE: [nanogui] question about frambuffer
From: "Gray, Tim" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jun 2001 12:51:25 -0000

you need to recompile your linux kernel  (or if you are running redhat with
a stock kernel just enable the framebuffer device.)  I would recommend
disabling the GDM manager (what you see as a graphical login before you get
into gnome.)

go to www.linux.org and search for the framebuffer-howto and the
kernel-howto.

you can boot outside of the gdm login by using the command linux 3 at the
lilo prompt right after a fresh reboot.

make sure you read that framebuffer-howto well,  it made the install
effortless for my application (I also added the linux-bootlogo which
requires framebuffer.) and will help you in selecting the framebuffer video
mode you desire.