nanogui: transparancy

Subject: transparancy
From: Nikolaj Berntsen ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jun 2001 06:41:47 -0000

Dear <you know what to write here>!

For the slide show programme we are developing for the STB using nano-X we
have to deal with transparancy.

We would like to compose an image by drawing a background and a number of
items like buttons or other objects on top. The buttons will have odd shapes
and the image of the button could contain a color that should be handled as
transparent to the background. All images are JPEGS.

We would like to hear if anybody has oppinions on  how to do this in the
smartest technical way.

A special problem occurs when these windows are handled in a windows
situation with expose events causing a redraw - here the transparent part of
the button may need to have the background redrawn - but this does not
happen by itself - any solutions to this? We could handle it by GrUnMap'ing
and GrMap'ing the window with the transparent button (presumeably), but is
it the fastest / most elegant way?

Happy Computing
K. Nikolaj Berntsen  Technical Consultant
AGENCY.COM Interactive TV

Islands Brygge 57, DK-2300 Copenhagen S
T: +45 3693 6000  F: +45 3693 6001
Direct: +45 3693 6120