nanogui: mouse driver

Subject: Re: [nanogui] mouse driver
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jun 2001 20:27:51 -0000

Well, actually, I checked the GPM code, and it appears that it repeats the
data as msc (which is a Mouse Systems compatible protocol of 5 byte packets),
so the PS/2 is actually being translated by GPM and we are really reading the
MSC data (my apologies for confusing that earlier).

So the extra level is required in this case.  If that is a hassle for people
I don't think anyone will have a problem if somebody writes a PS/2 mouse
driver.  That might actually save some pain and suffering with GPM (like when
you switch back and forth from console to X11).

Jordan

On Friday 29 June 2001 13:46, MagnaSygg Technical Support mentioned: