nanogui: Something wrong with the True Type Font configure.

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Something wrong with the True Type Font configure.
From: Isaac Hwak Han (=?iso-8859-1?Q?=C7=D1=C8=AE?=) ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jul 2001 16:20:57 -0000

Hi.
I'm pleased to see another Korean on the list. I've also tried
displaying Korean TTFs on microwindows. Displaying the standard
gulim.ttc or batang.ttc (after extracting single font family from
them) is also possible, though the size was a little big for
embedded system's use.

About your first question:
As you might know, almost all TTF (even multi-byte version) also
include their English glyphs. If you want to use two fonts at the
same time. you can create two HFONTs and switch to the other
using SelectObject() (when you're using Win32 API).

About your second question:
It's possible. But remember most (free) Unicode-encoded Korean
TTFs only include their EUC-KR glyphs. There's no great
differences between using Unicode-encoding and other encodings.
TTFs have their own merits, but the huge size of the font
(typically +4MB) prevented us from using them on our device.

--
Isaac Hwak Han (ÇÑÈ®)