nanogui: xfreecell

Subject: Re: [nanogui] xfreecell
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Aug 2001 19:41:14 -0000

: I am trying to compile xfreecell from the ftp site, and get his load of
: errors (my second make -k, to avoid unimportant stuff in the listing).
:
: It seems af if the API was changed after the port. I don't ask you to fix
: it, but an indication of the dificulty level would be appreciated.

Nikolaj,
    I have heavily extended Microwindows in order to get xfreecell
to run well, including new server-based cursor support.  The code
necessary for this is all in the Microwindows CVS.  Xfreecell
should compile without modification with the CVS version.

I have also produced an unreleased xfreecell built for small PDA
machines as well.

In addition, for another midnight project, I have produced a
special version of Xlib that calls Microwindows instead of X.
This special library allows the compilation of xfreecell using the
X headers and runs on Microwindows without modification.
I am thinking of producing this as a shared library, which could
allow, at least initially, simple binary X programs to run on Microwindows
without having to be recompiled, just substitute another libX11.so.