nanogui: does flnx work when built with recent libs and compiler?

Subject: does flnx work when built with recent libs and compiler?
From: Duncan Palmer ####@####.####
Date: 20 Sep 2001 14:11:53 -0000

Hi all,

I've been succesfully using flnx for ages, and have just rebuilt it, and
microwindows (to run under X) on a red hat 7.1 box to do a bit of
testing. Upon cranking up my application, i found that i did not
display, and neither do any of the apps in the test/ directory under
flnx - the microwindows demo apps run fine. By 'not display', I mean
that inside the microwindows box, all the widgets were correctly drawn
(i can click on buttons and the right stuff happens as a result), but
everything was black.

I gather that flnx came from a time when there was no such thing as a
C++ standard, and it has some odd code as a result - I had to remove the
definitions of pubseekoff() and pubseekpos() in streambuf.h in order to
get flnx to build. So, I was wondering whether maybe the newer C++
libraries or something may cause problems...

The red hat 7.1 box has libc-2.2.2 libstdc++-libc6.2-2.3 and g++/gcc
2.96, and  my usual development platforms (arm and x86) have libc 2.1.3,
libstdc++-6.1.
-2.3 and g++/gcc 2.95.3 . I'm using flnx 0.15 and microwindows-0.89-pre6
. Has anyone got flnx and microwindows built and running on such a
platform? Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

--
Duncan Palmer