nanogui: OK, on with Porting MicroWindows

Subject: OK, on with Porting MicroWindows
From: "Chet Simpson" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2001 03:21:35 -0000

OK, on with what I need to do......

I am porting MicroWindows over to an embedded OS. Luckily I've already
written SVGA, sound, mouse, and keyboard drivers for the x86 target
system (don't ask :) so the only real task ahead is porting MW over.
Since the compiler and other tools I am using are Win32 based (a drag
when porting Linux oriented code) I have created a separate config and
makefile.rules file as well as local makefiles for each of the
subprojects. Unfortunately all of the makefiles contain gcc specific
options which the compilers I'm using don't recognize.

Where I'm at....So far I have created makefiles for the following
subprojects:

Mwin
Mwin/winlib
Engine
Fonts

Currently, I'm tackling the files found in 'drivers' but I'm not exactly
sure which files are for what purpose. Obviously I'll need to implement
the code for initializing the display, grabbing an address for the
framebuffer, and reading keys but what files I create and what files I
can readily use for standard VGA (640x480 16 color planed), 8bit
colormap, 16bit (RGB565 and RGB555), and 32bit displays.

Eventually I'll be working on Nano-X and the demos...

...Chet...