nanogui: FLTK based desktop enviroment.

Subject: Re: [nanogui] FLTK based desktop enviroment.
From: Jeff Webb ####@####.####
Date: 13 Dec 2001 16:34:20 -0000

HU Xiang-Hua wrote:

> >Web media came up with a gray screen because it's expecting a URL (or path
> >index.html) to be passed on the command line.
> >
> >For instance in the WebMedia package, there should be an html directory
> which
> >includes index.html.  We launch WebMedia in this manner:
> >
> >./webmedia -x0 -y0 -w640 -h480 -ufile:///[html_path]/index.html.
> >
> >If you've set up your environment correctly, you'll see the  webmedia main
> >screen.
> >
> >NOTE:  If  you're not on a National Semi Conductor Cygnus platform, you
> may
> >have to wait about 10 seconds to see the main screen due to a timeout
> trying
> >to set the video hardware up correctly for the Geode.
>
> Thanks for your reply. But I am afraid I had download wrong version of
> WebMedia tar ball because I can't find webmedia in webmedia/viewml as you
> mentioned. I just run viewml in webmedia/viewml with -ufile:/// ,and still
> got a window with three gray rect area flash in order. I even can't see any
> address input box and control buttons. In the webmedia dir,there are only
> viewml/ and wmcmd/ ,without microwin and flnx. So i don't know why to set
> video hardware up.

In our environment, we've renamed the binary viewml to webmedia...

You're right, webmedia is a modified viewml, in that the main screen lacks the
URL input and control buttons, as well as has some specific functionality for
execution of commands within html.

The tarbar you downloaded was just the "bare-minimum"  tarball, that contains
just the webmedia binaries, not any specific html pagesets -- we should
probably add the html directory into that tarball.

The complete source (kernel + drivers + webmedia + html -- for the cygnus
platform) can be found at:

http://linux4.tv/Download/bin/nsc_sp1sc10-1.0.5.tar.gz?PHPSESSID=0f13c3988ecfce1a28cb9decda0316ca

Which includes the default html code for proper display for what the wmcmd
commands are expecting (assuming you start viewml with the
-ufile///[path_to_webmedia_html_dir]/index.html, that is contained in the
above tarball.  The only problem I've experienced is waiting for the specific
video setup commands to timeout, before display.

---

Jeff