nanogui: Complete Desktop Refresh

Subject: Complete Desktop Refresh
From: "Darran D. Rimron-Molloy" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jan 2002 19:44:40 -0000

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to cause every application currently running, and
connected to an Nano-X server to refresh (ie, redraw) itself.

I suspect the easiest way to do this is to cause and EXPOSE event on the
GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID, and that, in turn will cause every child to have an
EXPOSE event, yes? (please correct me if I have this wrong....)

Is there any way to cause this to happen, ie to insert and event into the
server-queue and have it generate the appropriate "child" events and pass
them to the connected applications?

My main concern is, you see, that I will not have control over every
application connecting to the server, many of them can (and will) be 3rd
party and pre-compiled - so forcing these to redraw also becomes and issue.

Unfortunatly, I don't have the option to code all this into a single
process, not even close :( I don't have the source-code to, what could be, a
significant percentage of the connected clients.

Help, please!!! :)

	-Darran