nanogui: rivafb and nanogui

Subject: rivafb and nanogui
From: Alix Marchandise-Franquet ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2002 23:31:04 -0000

Hello,

I am having a hard time getting nano-x to work while using rivafb. I am
not sure if the problem comes from not really using rivafb or not
configuring nano-x properly.

More details:
I am trying to use nano-x with the rivafb driver, with an nvidia Geforce
2MX card.
I have a 2.4.16 kernel which I recompiled with rivafb.
When I boot my machine, I see the penguin which goes away after a while.
I don't think I am really using the framebuffer driver since with other
framebuffer drivers and cards the penguin stayed there and the font got
smaller.
In the instructions for the vesafb driver, there are lines to add in
lilo.conf, I don't know what these are for rivafb.

Also, nano-x, when compiled with the framebuffer setting
doesn't run (but it runs fine when built and run with X11).
I get the following messages:
"cannot open graphics
Couldn't connect to Nano-x server"

So my questions are:
1) Does it look like my problem is with rivafb or nano-x?
2) How can I know that I am using rivafb?
3) What needs to go in lilo.conf when using rivafb?
4) I couldn't find any real info on rivafb, where would it be?

Thank you very much

-alix