nanogui: nanowm Problem with Redrawing...

Subject: nanowm Problem with Redrawing...
From: "Brian" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Feb 2002 03:25:44 -0000

Hello all,

Here is the problem:
First, I executed 'nano-X', then 'nanowm' and finally 'landmine'.  It
first draws a landmine window
without the application frame then it gets reparented to the outer
application frame and relocated
a bit lower right to the original landmine window.
The landmine window should then get its 3D application frame and then
the caption bar.
However, only the bottom part of the 3D application frame is drawn.
The left, right and top parts
of the application frame are not drawn at all and the caption bar is
not drawn either.

I know this is not a problem with Microwindows since I had
applications running with nanowm
correctly until I switched my cross compiler.  I am running nano-X on
ARM uClinux.

I had exactly the same source code running except with a different
toolchain and I can still get it to
run with the original toolchain.  I suspect it's a C library problem.
However, I am having a
difficult time tracing the code since I am inexperienced and do not
have useful debugging tools,
such as GDB server, at hand.

I have put a debugging printf() in GsHandleClient() to print out the
requests being made.  I compared
the output of both the correct and incorrect executables.  The
requests are the same but a few of them
are not in the same order, which I think is due to the scheduling of
the OS.

This behaviour has to do with nanowm plus some application; therefore,
I cannot check if this is a network
problem with LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER turned on.

I am sure there are better ways to debug this problem.
Any suggestions?

How can I find out what C standard library calls are made other than
code inspection?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. : -)

Brian