nanogui: touchscreen calibration

Subject: touchscreen calibration
From: Henry Chea ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2002 17:22:34 -0000

Hi all,

I am desperately hoping that someone can help me with this problem..

I am trying to get my touchscreen calibrated in Nano-X.  I am using an ADS
graphicsmaster platform (strongarm cpu, 640 x 480 lcd with touchscreen)
along with microwindows 0.89pre8.

I have tried using/modifying tpcal which is a contrib in the microwindows
package, but I can't figure out how to use the 7 numbers it outputs.

I also tried using nxcal which comes with the Pixil OE package, but the
program doesn't respond to any touchscreen inputs for some reason.  It
simply draws the first screen asking to press the crosshairs, but doesn't do
anything past that.

I found out how to enter calibration data as follows:
{
  int fd = open("/dev/ts", O_RDWR);
  int xmin, ymin, xmax, ymax;

  ioctl(fd, 10, xmin);
  ioctl(fd, 11, ymin);
  ioctl(fd, 3, xmax);
  ioctl(fd, 4, ymax);
}

But for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the proper values for
xmin, ymin, xmax, and ymax.

Does anybody have a calibration program that is functional, or any helpful
tips on how to fix this problem?

Greg Haerr, I noticed from the archives that you mentioned something about
Century Software releasing a touchscreen calibrator for Microwindows.  Has
one actually been released?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Cheers,
//Henry Chea
Semcon Sweden AB