nanogui: Re: how to debug microwindow

Subject: FW: [nanogui] Re: how to debug microwindow
From: Narasimha Reddy K ####@####.####
Date: 17 Mar 2002 14:05:14 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Narasimha Reddy K
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 7:31 PM
To: 'Alex Holden'
Subject: RE: [nanogui] Re: how to debug microwindow

Could u please elaborate about TinyX?

Regards,

N Reddy

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 7:04 PM
To: Narasimha Reddy K
Cc: ####@####.####

Narasimha Reddy K wrote:
> Could you please suggest for cutting down the XServer size from 1.7 MB to
> atleast 1000 KB? We have tried a lot but could not able to succeed. I got
> the info. from microwindows site that size of XServer came down from 2MB
> 300KB. Please suggest which def file that needs to be disabled or is there
> any alternative to reduce the size.

Microwindows can't do anything to reduce the size of your X server. It
is a lighter weight windowing system in its own right, and happens to
include something called Nano-X which has an API that is modelled after
(but not the same as) the X11 API. If you want to use Nano-X you will
have some work to do to port your applications from X11 to Nano-X. If
you want to stick with XFree86 and can live with the larger footprint,
use TinyX.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer

DISCLAIMER: Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is
proprietary to MASCOT SYSTEMS LTD and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have
been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at ####@####.#### Before opening attachments,
"Please scan for Viruses"