nanogui: Help with MW on Embedded Linux with Frame buffering and Images!?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Help with MW on Embedded Linux with Frame buffering and Images!?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 30 May 2002 01:50:24 -0000

Paul,
    It sounds as though there may be a bug in the
GrDrawImageBits function when drawing on pixmaps.
If you can prepare a simple demo program that shows this
I can help debug it.

The method you're using sounds good and should be the
best method.  Is everything but the GrDrawImageBits
data being copied by GrCopyArea?  Perhaps the window
coordinates are off...?

: Hello,
:
: I'm using microwindows-0.89pre8 on an MPC823E running embedded linux.  My
: application needs
: to be double buffered to avoid flickering.  I use GrNewPixmap and do all my
: drawing in a pixmap
: and at when I swap buffer I use GrCopyArea to copy the pixmap to my window.
: All this is working
: fine but when I introduced raster using GrDrawImageBits for some reason my
: image doesn't show.
: If I draw my image into the window directly instead the pixmap then I can
: see my image.  Since I'm
: new to microwindows  my questions are:
: Is pixmap the best way to do double buffering?
: If yes how can I get my raster working?
: If now what is the best way to do double buffering?
: Any examples would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Thanks in advance and best regards,
: Paul C.