nanogui: use framebuffer?

Subject: use framebuffer?
From: "wangzhenyuan" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jun 2002 07:27:28 -0000
hello everyone!

     I have a macrowindows and a linux(debian),I want to start the microwindows with framebuffer.
and in the configure file,I do so. but when type nano-x,It told me the screen can't be use.
     I know this is because of framebuffer ,so I try to use "cat /dev/fbi" to see if I have the
device ,but each time It told me "no such device",and I try to put a line "vga=ask" into the
lilo.conf and run lilo ,reboot ,to my surprise ,it only list the text mode to select in my computer,we it rebooted .the framebuffer device(fbi) still can't be used.why?

     And I have heard xfree86 also use framebuffer.so at another linux pc(redhat) .I start xwindows,and in xteam ,I try to test if the framebuffer is in use with "cat /dev/fbi",but the same thing happened :"no such device",why??
     Can anyone tell me the reason or show me some resourse!!

     sincerely!

        wangzhenyuan
          2002-06-27