nanogui: Starting Nano-X on /dev/fb1 problem

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Starting Nano-X on /dev/fb1 problem
From: ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2002 22:32:30 -0000

That did the trick ..... Thanks to all !!

Regards,

Steve.

                    jonathan.foster@p
                    hilips.com               To:     ####@####.####
                                             cc:     "Greg Haerr" ####@####.#### ####@####.####
                    15/07/02 20:39             Subject:   Re: [nanogui] Starting Nano-X on /dev/fb1 problem

                                            Project:

Hi,

I had a similar problem with a two-framebuffer setup.  To fix it, I had to
"#define HAVETEXTMODE 0" in drivers/scr_fb.c.

Greg, is there any chance that this option (and the "EMBEDDEDPLANET" one)
can be moved to the config file, to make it easier to find?  Also, could
(some of?) the options at the top of "device.h" also be moved to the config
file?

Kind regards,

Jon Foster
--
Philips Research Laboratories
Cross Oak Lane, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5HA, England

                      svdweyer@juptech
                      .com                         To:  "Greg Haerr"
####@####.####
                                                   cc:
####@####.####
                      15/07/2002 03:53              (bcc: Jonathan
Foster/RED/RESEARCH/PHILIPS)
                      am                           Subject:   Re: [nanogui]
Starting Nano-X on /dev/fb1 problem

                                                   Classification:

Thanks for the reply Greg.

VTSWITCH doesn't seem to make a difference.

Below are the only options that I have enabled in my config config file

OPTIMIZE                 = Y
MICROWIN                 = Y
NANOX                    = Y
MICROWINDEMO             = Y
NANOXDEMO                = Y
NANOWM                   = Y
HAVE_FILEIO              = Y
HAVE_BMP_SUPPORT         = Y
HAVE_GIF_SUPPORT         = Y
HAVE_PNM_SUPPORT         = Y
HAVE_XPM_SUPPORT         = Y
HAVE_FREETYPE_SUPPORT    = Y
ERASEMOVE                = Y
UPDATEREGIONS            = Y
USE_EXPOSURE         = Y
FRAMEBUFFER              = Y
NOMOUSE                  = Y
NOKBD                    = Y

In a bizzare twist, if I load nano-X during startup while Aurora has focus,
the switch from Aurora to vc/1 works, and everything is fine.

If I disable Aurora with the same scripts, I'm back to where I started.

BTW : Forgot to mention in first post : using Mandrake Linux 8.1 standard
distro.

Regards,

Steve.

                    "Greg Haerr"
                    <greg@censoft        To:     ####@####.####
####@####.####
                    .com>                cc:
                                           Subject:   Re: [nanogui]
Starting Nano-X on /dev/fb1 problem
                    15/07/02
                    11:15               Project:

> My problem is when I start nano-X from the console using fb0, I no longer
> get screen updates for the console until nano-X is killed.
>
> The console is still active - I can type in and start new nano-X
> applications, and they appear on the LCD.
>
> When "killall nano-X" is typed to kill nano-X, my console comes back, and
> have a full history of what I've typed.

You might try compiling with the config option VTSWITCH=N
and see if anything different happens.